October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I went to a fundraiser earlier this month with my mom and Lil Sis(who's always been a big supporter of breast cancer awareness). And I decided to make these cupcakes in honor of it. Jello Poke Cake is a recipe that I absolutely love. I wondered if you could make this recipe into cupcakes and I decided that the worst that could happen was I'd have a huge syrupy jelloey(okay I don't know how to spell that!) mess but it turned out great! I took these into the girls at work who agreed! I can't wait to try these for different events with different colors. I hope you enjoy and please don't forget about breast cancer awareness, it's so important!
Original Source: close family friend who I've always begged for the recipe when she made this
- 1 box white cake mix, prepared as directed on box as cupcakes
- 1 box jello(any flavor you like, I picked strawberry because it was pink, but you can really have fun with all the the different colors and flavors)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can frosting(again, any kind you like, I used cream cheese because I had it on hand)
1. Let cakes cool for 15 minutes. Mix 1 cup boiling water and jello and mix until dissolved.
2. Add 1/2 cup cold water
3. Line 2 baking pan with foils. Place cakes in one of the pans but keep the other one close by. Poke hold in top of cakes with fork or chopstick and pour jello down into holes.
4. Remove cakes from pan and place into clean one so the liners don't get soaked in jello. Chill completely and frost as desired.